The Austrian Society for Geomechanics cordially invites you to the 68th Geomechanics Colloquium which is held in Salzburg at the congress center "Salzburg Congress" on October 10th and 11th, 2019.
The Session Topics are:
- Urban tunnelling: a technical and logistical challenge
- Challenges during the construction of the Brenner Base Tunnel
- Long-term experience with retaining structures
- Research and development in tunnelling
Prior to the Colloquium, following Special Sessions are scheduled on October 09th, 2019.
- Young researcher's day: Session Language English (here you can find the details for this Special Session)
- Requirements of maintenance and operation on the design: Session Language German
- Handling of risks in geotechnical engineering: Session Language German
The agenda for the Geomechanics Colloquium this year can be downloaded HERE.
The conference languages at the Geomechanics Colloquium will be German and English. Simultaneous translation will be provided (Geomechanics Colloquium only). The language of the workshops will be announced soon.
The conference will be held at the congress center "Salzburg Congress" (Auerspergstraße 6, 5020 Salzburg, entrance Mirabellgarten), located in the center of the city. Salzburg is famous for its marvellous historical city center and the cultural activities.